Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

If it Wasn't For Mondays...

... Tuesdays would suck. But that's besides the point (I was looking for a witty title for this post, lol). The sun is shining today, it feels like fall is well on its way, and God brought us through a storm that could've been much worse than it actually was! So I have a lot to be happy about today! =)

Okay, moving on...

Yesterday I was finishing up the book I was reading and came across this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do." 

This quote got me to thinking about the things in my life that I'm scared stiff about. And believe me, there are plenty of them at this point in life! I can let these fears cripple me from doing the thing I know I'm supposed to do, or I can lay it all at the feet of Jesus and take a step out in faith. Which one will I choose? Well, the first one seems the easiest thing to do by ignoring the problem and not dealing with it, but I'm going to have to go with the second choice. You know why? Through each and every one of the times in my life when I've had to look fear right in the face, God took my hand and led me through whatever that situation was. It was through those times that I learned that no matter what, He'd always be by my side. 

Even when I had to take a step out in faith.

And so, my question to you is this: are there areas in your life where you need to step out in faith? Like Mrs. Roosevelt said, "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." If you don't, then how will you face your fears in the future? 

Trust me, I know it might not be easy, but with the Lord's help you'll be able to face that fear and overcome it. By stepping out in faith, you're trusting God with everything. It might be scary, but it's well worth it in the end!

Elyssa =)

No comments:

Post a Comment